Advertisement

3 AM - The witching hour

topic posted Tue, December 6, 2005 - 9:51 AM by  Ernie
Share/Save/Bookmark
For about three months now, I've been waking up every single morning at 3 AM. But I didn't really think too much about it until I saw the movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose".

From the movie I learned that 3 AM is supposed to be the hour where evil spirits are supposed to be the strongest.

You can imagine how watching that movie and learning this about 3 AM totally freaked me out!

So the other day I blew the dust off my old camcorder, charged the six hour battery and put it in nightvision mode and recorded myself sleeping.

Other than learning that I snored so loud it could wake the dead, I also found out what the REAL culprit behind my rude witching hour awakenings was...

It was Union Pacific! The train comes by, all whistles blaring every morning at exactly 2:55 AM! But by the time I had woken, the train had already passed - so I had no idea why I was awake.

After learning this, I sent Union Pacific an email. I told them that they should change their jingle just for me. I asked them to change it from "We are Union Pacific, we can handle it for you" to "We are Union Pacific, at the witching hour we'll wake you".

:)

Now here's another related disturbing thing...

After finding this out, I took a trip to Bend, Oregon which is about 250 miles away form where I live.

In the hotel I was staying at and at percisely 3 AM, I again woke up! And this time I could hear the whistle of a train in the distance!!
posted by:
Ernie
Portland
Advertisement
  • Re: 3 AM - The witching hour

Thu, December 8, 2005 - 7:31 AM
    One thing that has confused me about the witching hour ('cause I'm used to using the scientific method to solve problems and account for weird phenomena)...

If 3 AM is the witching hour because Christ was thought to have died at 3 PM... shouldn't the evil spirits be most active at 3 AM... *Middle Eastern* time?

I mean why should evil spirits have to abide by the same time zone rules that modern man has devised? And on this same topic and even more bizarre... why should evil spirits adhere to daylight savings time? Especially since this was invented fairly recently and is only enforced in certain states in America?

Come to think of it, why should evil spirits abide by any localized man-made rules at all? I guess I must be missing something cause it makes no sense to me.

Thu, December 8, 2005 - 11:07 AM
      Never saw the movie but I suspect that they were useing dramatic licence when they chose 3 am.

Traditionaly the witching hour has been said to start at midnight.

Thu, December 8, 2005 - 11:22 AM
        WITCHING HOUR

The witching hour is the hour of midnight on a full moon. It is at this time that the witches spell casting powers are at their fullest. It is a time of change and transformation.

The history of this may be traced to the ancient times of the worship of Goddesses associated with the moon and fertility. As the moon waxes in its phases so do the powers of those, until they culminate at the full moon.

Tue, April 4, 2006 - 10:34 AM
          I've always believed in spirits and ghosts and paramormal things. But I've never had any experiences with them until recently. About 2 months ago, I was woken up by a bright white light in my room. I was very dazed, as it was about 4am when this happened. Next thing I remember was coming to standing on the other side of my room. I didn't think much of it, went back to sleep and forgot about it.

Then about 3 days ago, I watched Emily Rose. This was on a Saturday. On sunday night, I went to set my alarm clock (which I never change) and instead of being set for 6:15am like always, it was set for 3AM. I thought my brother was screwing with me. Then the next night I went to set my alarm clock and I checked the time, again, it was set for 3AM (I never changed this). So I set it for the usual time again. I was woken up at 3am by an alarm clock in a different room, one that nobody uses. That clock has never been set before. Now I have my brother scared, I'm scared, I don't know what is going on. I've never had these experiences before.

Tue, April 4, 2006 - 1:58 PM
            i'm not sure whats going on, but first tell yourself that you love yourself... go on...

now relax and maybe get a friend to sleep over, someone other than your brother... have them bring a tape recorder...

you might be sleep walking, they can ask you questions...

...but you should feel safe in the enviornment that you try this in...

Fri, May 12, 2006 - 3:02 AM
        the witching hour is usually anytime after midnight until right before dawn, however mostseem to think that it is closer to dawn....people didn't have modern time when the idea of the witching hour started....witches and magick workers used the height and placement of the moon to determine when to do spell casting...The 3am thing is from modern religion, mainly Christianity...the real witching hour has nothing to do with time as we understand it, today in the modern world....it has to do with the moon and it's placement in the sky....what phase it is in is also something to be taken into account....different phases for different things... as for a time when spirits are easier to contact or enter this realm, so to speak, this is usually right before dawn, when most people are inbetween the waking world and the dream world, that is when we are the most likely to experience spirits or paranormal activity....we are more receptive in that state of being.....even if you are awake at that time of night, your circadian rythm is at it's lowest point during that time, so your are more receptive to the energy around you, that is my theory as to why people are able to experience paranormal happenings during that time of night... That doesn't mean that people can't experience paranormal happenings at others times of the day, awake or asleep, of course....Just my ideas on the subject...

Wed, December 21, 2005 - 1:43 AM
      I have noticed, when I am up between 3 and 4 am, you will have really strange things happen, like the TV will have shows on, and the characters will say strange things, things that have an uncanny relevance to what you're thinking. Or the radio will seem to be discussing your thoughts and such.
      Now i know that is the kind of madness that is quite common among the mentally ill, but it is most pronounced at the 'witching hour' for a reason.

It has to do with your biorhythyms. You are normally in your deepest sleep between 3 and 4 am. In other words, your mind and body are at maximum passivity, in the most dream like state, usually. Your body is like a clock, it will fade into that state of mind , rhythymicly, unconsciously.

If you have ever read anything about dream telepathy, if you're a serious investigator of paranormal things, i would imagine you have, if not, it is definately one of the most scientificly proven supernatural phenomena in existence.

You are most susceptible to dream telepathy during the witching hour, because your mind is in the dream state, usually, at that time.
      • Unsu...

Re: 3 AM - The witching hour

Wed, January 4, 2006 - 10:04 AM
        I have an tendency of explaining everything the Carl jung way. Anyhow, the theory would go something like this.

When most people are asleep we change consiousnes into another one. Since in this consiousnes, telephaty might have it,s origin.. what i,m getting too i,t,s might be connected this way.
        Your biorhythyms tells you.. you should bee asleep, and the brain automatically activates larger parts of this consiousness, but you are still awake. When you are in this state, you might tune into the collective consiousnes. The paranormal phenomena might be connected to this. Just a theory..
        Just like tapping the tought out the collective mind.

Fri, January 27, 2006 - 11:33 AM
          The state you are talking about is Lucid Dreaming. In Lucid Dreaming you are asleep, and dreaming, but the consciousness is awake and you can hear all the sounds in your house, room, and what is going on outside.
          • Unsu...

Sat, February 18, 2006 - 7:23 PM
            i think you are confusing Lucid Dreaming with Sleep Paralysis...

lucid dreaming occurs when you suddenly become aware, while dreaming, that you are dreaming... some very lucky people are then able to manipulate their dreams to achieve things they desire to experience... i have only been able to do this after a serious illness left my body completely devestated and after prolonged periods of lack of sleep... i've made myself fly, i've slapped someone i loathe across the face (which i would never do in real life - i'm a chickenshit!) and i've kissed a boy i had a crush on, it's always been a wonderful and surreal experience - something i would very much love to have again...

sleep paralysis is when your body is still in the state of paralysis that your body undergoes while you are dreaming so that you do not get up and act out your dreams... but your "conciousness" wakes up - you can hear, smell, sense and sometimes even see what is going on around you although your mind may produce very disquieting effects in an attempt to "make sense" of what is occurring - lots of people who have claimed ufo abduction may actually be experiencing sleep paralysis; the "old hag" of european legend who presses down the chest of terrified sleepers is another example of this... i went through a year or so where i experienced sleep paralysis on a regular basis and it was NEVER pleasant... it is always terrifying and horrible... i used to try and scream as loud as i could to get someone, anyone, in the house to come and shake me awake because it was such an awful thing to go through... strangely enough i found that sleep paralysis occurred as i was recovering from the same severe illness... only it took MUCH longer for the episodes to stop... i sincerely hope i *never* have one again...

Sat, November 11, 2006 - 5:16 PM
        Try sleeping in a bedroom built over a lay line right behind the old Morgue (England) and then get awakened ocassionally at 3-4 a.m. by bright lights zapping like electricity through your room. And then coming home to a hundred and some flies everyday dead on all of your window sills. but never seeing even one fly through the house.

Sun, February 19, 2006 - 2:01 AM
      Since it's local, I'd say it seems it would all be relative to whenever the middle of the night was during the earths rotation. i'd say the 3am time is approximate however, I doubt that daylight savings time matters much, or that you could even hold ghosts to a specific schedule..

besides.. were there no spooky demon/ghost/thingies in the middle of the night before 1 A.D?

Also.. i agree with feralkitty, it seems more like sleep paralysis than lucid dreaming.

Wed, February 22, 2006 - 5:25 PM
        when i was little, i would love to walk the streets at twilight. i could sort of feel that everybody's attention to the world ...sort of retreats back into the walls of their own homes.

to me, this felt very neat. you could sort of feel the happy warmth of most houses... but this also removed the peoples attention from the streets. people walking on the streets durring the day seem to be constantly affirming and confirming the ground around themselves... sort of labeling it as safe. and people tend to 'claim ' an area around themselves as their own space. so durring the day everything seems to be pretty nailed down and solid. (and noisy)...

but at twilight, peoples attention retreats inside of their homes... and the outside is more open to being itself. it feels -softer- with the islands of 'safety' -the houses- being more solid. it feels more relaxed and wild.

~3am is when the most people are asleep, and the outside world feels wide open ...

in a town where most people are 9 to 5'ers... 3am is the quietest time of the 'night'...

Sat, November 11, 2006 - 5:18 PM
          I like how deeply you feel. I used to walk the night as well in my quiet little Bayside neighborhood. It is such a wide world at night. Dreamers can get lost.
    • Unsu...

Sat, July 29, 2006 - 11:27 AM
      It has nothing to do with daylight savings.
      The day/night cycles naturally shift and for some reason around an approximate time frame from sunrise to sunset -sunset to sunrise.
      A nurse once told me, who would work midnight shifts, that more times than not people passed away around that time in the morning.

Wed, June 13, 2012 - 4:27 PM
      as the world revolves-rotates the 3am witching time also rotates with it entering and leaving times zones every 24 hrs is one opinion 3am ALWAYS depends on your location......

Wed, June 13, 2012 - 4:40 PM
      As the world turns,revolves,rotates the 3am witching hour also rotates with it going into and out of time zones in a 24hr period it will be 3am somewhere so the key is your location that determines when the 3am Anti-Christ is most active as the Spirits will also follow

Wed, September 5, 2012 - 2:10 AM
        Here's something odd:

Triple witching hour is the last hour of the stock market trading session (3:00-4:00 P.M., New York Time) on the third Friday of every March, June, September, and December. Those days are the expiration of three kinds of securities:

Stock market index futures;
        Stock market index options;
        Stock options.
        The simultaneous expirations generally increases the trading volume of options, futures and the underlying stocks, and occasionally increases volatility of prices of related securities.

On those same days in March, June, September, and December, Single-stock futures also expire, so that the final hour on those days is sometimes referred to as the quadruple witching hour

Unrelated but weird.

Sat, December 10, 2005 - 9:31 PM
    You probably woke up (from a dream of a train) that second time because you were used to being woken up at 3 am. Habit would explain why you woke up and what you heard.

And I have always read the Witching hour is Midnight or sometimes 1 AM. Never 3.

And I'm a Witch. ;)

Mon, December 12, 2005 - 9:43 AM
      Well, lets go back to what a previous poster said about Demons and Nature not abiding by human clocks. They probably dont.

The witching hour was mentioned as early as Shakespeare, and while the hour itself was well known, there were no clocks back then. Its often attributed to midnight, but think about the word.

Mid-night.

This would be, in a world without clocks, the exact midway point between dusk and dawn.

Our current midnight is actually not a midway point at all. It signifies the day newly begun, not half over, and frequently it does not find itself straddling the exact center of darkness, as everything from our current ticking clocks to daylight savings time makes when we consider "midnight" rather arbitrary.

If we're dealing with the theory that there is a veil found that is thinnest in the exact middle of the dark of night, 3 am-ish would often make sense. Dawn can come anywhere between 6-8am depending on area of the country/world and arbitaries like daylight savings time, which usually puts our midnight much earlier than the exact mid-point of darkness, but would often put 3 am a lot closer to "true" midnight.

Demons/weird happenings wouldnt keep to 3 am MidEastern time, because the concept being dealt with here is a period of darkness, perhaps an energy flow that waxes and wanes with the sun's energy. Plus, not all supernatural creatures are MidEastern in origin.

Certainly, though, there are plenty of stories to back up the 3 am legend, enough that we may want to pay attention, as there might be a phenomena here worth looking at, even if we dont accept it at face value.

www.spiritdaily.org/Angels%2...mnew1.htm

Also, dismissing old Xian myth out of hand I've deiscovered is not necessarily a bright idea, and I say this as a pagan. Since much of their stuff was snitched wholesale from even older religious practices and myths, their reasoning might not be correct (Jesus killed at 3 pm in this case or Jesus rebirthing on Yule, etc), but the phenomena they trace may be older than they are. We dont dismiss Yule because they tried to convert it to Xmas, we may want to research this more as well before dismissing it.

By the way, the full moon thing I have ONLY heard from witches. In fact I have alternatively heard the true witching hour is on the dark of the moon, or more powerful and scary during that phase, which to me again raises the question of the sun's energy as an influence.

I'd be interested in following up stories of weird happenings from 1-3am-ish and see if there was a pattern that could be found, a sort of flux/flow that might change with the yearly cycles of the various areas.
      • Unsu...

Fri, January 27, 2006 - 9:28 AM
        I have a freaky story that happened to me about 14 years ago.

I was in bed sort of half asleep and I hear this low hoarse voice telling me "you have no faith!!!". I told the voice, "Yes I do". It said it again but louder, I again disagree. Then a third time it yelled "NO YOU DON'T!!" . While it said this to me, A black fist, kind of shadow like, grabbed my shirt at my chest and jerked me to a sitting position! At this point I am wide awake!!! Still to this day I am not sure if it was a dream or real. The time : 3 am

Anyhow my bed started to shake, or vibrate, very gently not violently. Almost at the point where you can blow it off as being in your head. But if you got off the bed and looked.... you could SEE it moving!! This went on for 7 days, it did not matter how much I prayed, it would not stop!! I could not sleep, and it did not matter where I tried to sleep. Then suddenly on the 7th day it stopped....

What do you all make of this? I have thought about this alot and I still not sure what it was really all about. Was God testing me?? or.....?

Fri, January 27, 2006 - 10:30 AM
          One thing about three am is that it is the time when Demons come out to play. But for you to understand what I am saying (sometimes I don't communicate clearly). Lets do a little work with Numerology, and The Satanic Heirachy.

In the Heirachy of Satan it goes like this:

Satan: The most perfect angel, almost a perfect as christ, could be his twin brother. But Satan became envious of God, and Christ, and thought he was just as good and powerful as god was. So he conspired with half of the Angels in heaven to throw a coup against God, and therefore Satan would be God.

So half of the angels in heaven got behind Satan, and tried to overthrow God. However Michael the Archangel lead the rest of the Angels and defeated them. This is how the Satanic Rebellion had started.

After the rebellion was stopped, and all the angels that had followed Satan were brought before God, and he passed out a sentence, to the Angels.

First adressing Satan he said; You were perfect in every way until you found Ego and Jealousy, God knew how powerful and strong Satan was,because of the number of angels that followed him. Because of Satan's power, God banished him to a corner of the heavens where he could not influence angels or humans ever again.

Satan had some Generals they were: Calagastia, Dalagastia, Beazlebub, Metastoplase,and one other. God had banished them to earth, along with the fallen angels to serve out their penance. However because of the weakness of the human race god put one rule down, They could not hurt, attach themselves or possess anyone without their permission, and they could not even thing about infants or children until the were in their teenage years.

Some people say that the number of Satan is 666 however when we dream we see everything in reverse or upside down, like the eye receives the subject matter that it is looking at, so some say the number is 999.

There is a class of fallen angels that are called Demons, some say that these Spirits are not as highly developed as were the Angels that followed Satan. They are the ones that make us Greedy, Jealous, Envious, Angry etc. But in mocking Christ's death at 3:00 pm they become active at 3:00 am the exact opposite time of Christs death.

The number for God or Christ is said to be the number Seven (7).

For this information if you go to "The Urantia Book" and check under the Chapter called the Satanic Rebellion, much of what you read here or that I have told you will be there.

The Urantia Book is a book written by an Unknown author from Chicago in the 1930's actually 1932 it was done by Automatic Writing. As this man started handwriting the words, he had his was who was a typist, start typing his work. After she started reading the work, she became frightened, because of what she had read. She took the transcript top a friend of hers who was an Psychologist, and she asked him if her husband was crazy. He saud no that he was very brillant. But he had a prioblem reading the book, so he recommended the name of a English Profess or Chicago University to read it. After having the book for a couple of weeks, he returned it to the wife and told her that the book was perfctly written, every exclamation mark, perriod, and comma was in place, and that most books will contradict themselves, and this book did not.

The book describes the formation of the universe, the heirachy of God and the Angels, ET's, but nost of all the whole complete life of Christ, including the 20 missing years of his life that is not in the bible.

This was long winded and I hope it helped answer the question.

Jack

Thu, February 23, 2006 - 6:27 PM
          This is about the time i have my night terrors at, awfull bloodest dreams you can think of.. the bad thing there about someone I know. i have them for serverl days maybe 7 or in an row, and sometimes i have them once an week mainly on Suday morning around 3 am for 7 weeks.. at least i dont have battles with the unkown much anymore, I had bad scratch marks on my back face arms and chest from battles I had with the unknown..
          In the past i did cleansings in houses, and I saw many weird and wild things, and heard some wild stuff, mainly GET OUT and throw stuff at me and my partner, who was my ex wife at the time, because she could talk with them and I mainly could see them

Oh when I lived in Inglewood Ca for an few months the person who lived in the unit was into the black arts, and he invited in some weird things.. I was young and stupit 22 years old I changled it on and each thing what came in i laughed at and beat it up useing an more pure magik i knew back then. the the big boy came in. it scares the crap out of me

Sat, February 25, 2006 - 4:16 PM
            Why was my post deleted? I included several links about sleep paralysis and research done to try and figure out what caused this dream of the old hag and stuff that has been shown to exist in almost every culture across the board. Why was my post deleted?

Sat, February 25, 2006 - 11:32 PM
              i remember reading a similar post in a different tribe link. but i don't remember which one. is it possible that you posted on another tribe?

Fri, March 10, 2006 - 1:49 PM
                Hmmmm, it would be wierd, but concievable that it could have been posted on the wrong tribe. I can't find it now. If you see it somewhere let me know. This should have been the only ple I would have talked about scientific research into this, that I remember. But if I wrote it while doing my research poster, who knows.
                • Unsu...

Tue, September 19, 2006 - 5:38 AM
                  Wendy-repost it sometimes things get lost in cycber space there is no way the person who started the post can delete certain links and I don't know whether the modorator deleted them or not.

Sat, November 11, 2006 - 5:21 PM
      Perhaps calling it the "witching hour" is incorrect but the times 3-4 a.m. are written to be the most powerful and that the moon versus garvity blah blah blah are just right for spirits to cross over/come through. I'll have to reread what taught me this so that it's more verbatim but their not off in what they're saying.

Wed, April 5, 2006 - 12:11 PM
    Wow, I’ve always found the early morning hours the best time to really be centered and have clear vision.

Recently there was a PBS show with Wayne Dyer who spoke about how many of us experience the phenomenon of early morning wake up at about the same time each morning (although it sounds like your is due to the train) he says this is the time we are closest to our ‘source energy’ our Inspiration.. He quotes Rumi
    "The morning breeze has secrets to tell you- Do not go back to sleep”
    Things will come to you in this time that you might never expect or have access to any other time of day.

Thu, April 20, 2006 - 7:00 AM
      3am is my favorite time... i was born at 3am!

also, i always go to sleep at 3am (even if i go to bed earlier, i won't actually fall asleep til 3am)

i agree with kat that 3am is the 'traditional' middle of the night as it is when the night time is at its darkest. therefore the true witching hour (i think) would be at 3am on a new moon... the darkest time of the darkest time. (& i am a bit of a witch too!)

i do think the story about the fallen angels is intresting... however it was not 'satan' who rebelled against god, the name of that particular fallen angel was lucifer.
      • Anyone help?

Tue, May 9, 2006 - 3:04 PM
        When I sleep at my house, I will usually sleep all night through. But when I sleep at my girlfriends house, I'm guaranteed to wake up at 3.am. I thought I was bein stupid, and ignored it, but since then i've heard it is the witching hour. Also been recently been told that apparently my girlfriends house has an appiration that more than one person has seen. Just an example of my waking up, I was in a deep sleep last night, and suddenly heard a fierce bang noise, which woke me from my sleep, wen i awoke checked the time and it was 3.am. When i awoke in the morning, I asked everyone in the house if they'd been to the toilet or got up in the middle of the night, and they all said no.
        So just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this? Cause it is starting to spook me now.
        • Re: Anyone help?

Sun, May 14, 2006 - 4:05 PM
          I saw that Emily Rose movie and thought it was okay but not the best movie ever for sure. I have always wondered what the song by KLF called 3 AM ETERNAL was about. Maybe something to do with it. I bet the Justified Ancients of Mu Mu know.

Thu, June 22, 2006 - 7:26 PM
    Hi,
    I am new here,I wake up at 3 am or a little after every night,even before the movie came out
    I recently Tuesday night woke at 3;03 am I went to bathroom wher I smelled a strong smell of something burning it was all over my house,but no explanation? it happened last night too,should I be concerned,anyone have a explanation,please help???
    • Unsu...

Thu, August 3, 2006 - 7:03 AM
      erin in replying to your reponse, To make this as simple as possible, for years I personally have experienced many, you might say abnormal things and the have become some what NORMAL (if there is such a thing) but recently within the past few months things have been getting a lot more intense. As I have already stated in another response, I too am waking up every nite at exactly 3am. Now to answer your question. I believe that we are all about to experience something very huge, to say the least. You can feel it can't you?
      Open your minds, open your hearts and open your souls and the answer will come to you, it right there in front of your face and believe me it's time to fasten your seat belts and be prepared for the ride of your life. Giddy up!!

Fri, September 21, 2012 - 4:15 PM
        How interesting I have stumbled upon this, but my family and I have been experiencing the same thing and as Christians we believe that THE battle has already begun, if not, starting soon could be the result of more activity going on lately...
  • Unsu...

Thu, August 3, 2006 - 6:36 AM
    To you my friend, I have had the same experiences for quit a few months now and the simple fact is, that it's not a train waking me at 3am every nite. I have been experiencing a lot of strange occurances as well for the past three months. I feel that we all are being shown something that is important here, for a certain reason and it has nothing to do with a train horn. Please don't dismiss your constant waking as simply being from the horn of a passing train.

I have a question to whomever can answer it. The 3am wake up calls aren't the only freaky things going on in my life and those I am close to and it's only going to get worse. :) :0 :(
    What the hell is going on!!! Does anybody have a clue. I have somewhat of an idea, but I want other opinions please.
    May the force be with you. Say no to Darth Vader and he aint my Father!

Are freaky things happening to anyone else in the dark of night.

Tue, September 5, 2006 - 11:22 AM
    I have been waking up at 3 AM every morning for several months now too. The only time it doesn't happen is if someone else is with me. Before waking up, I have the same "dream"... and it doesn't feel like a DREAM... it feels REAL! I can't move... I'm frozen lying in bed and there are other forces or something around me and I can't breath very well... I can't recall what they're saying to me but it's pretty scary... and I keep repeating the name of Jesus until they go away... then I wake up! It's really frightening... I usually turn the TV on and turn on lights, etc... after I wake up and just lie in bed for a while freaking out. I have a dog and she sleeps in the bed with me... but it's like she's frozen too... I don't really know how to explain it... it's sounds crazy, I know... but it's real and I don't know what to do about it. Help????

Wed, September 6, 2006 - 2:52 PM
      This sounds like sleep paralysis. It can occur repeatedly about the same time because SP tends to be disturbing and consequently is remembered, so it can become a self-fulfilling prophecy. For instance, I used to have SP episodes frequently while waking from afternoon naps. SP can be very very frightening and frustrating, and the sound effects which you described are common. I HATE SP!! Fortunately my own SP episodes gradually faded over time, and these days I never seem to experience conscious SP.

I have read that it helps to try wiggling one toe during SP; this usually forces awareness of the physical body and stops the episode.

Mmm, back on the subject of trains, when I used to live close to the tracks, those trains would come by at night - 12PM, 3AM, 5AM, etc. They seldom woke me up, but I used to have lots of lucid dreams involving trains back in those days :)

Thu, September 7, 2006 - 6:32 AM
        When I was a child, I thought the 'witching' hour was midnight (12:00) then in my teenage years, I heard or read somewhere (where, I don't remember) that the true 'witching hour' was 3am.

Anyway..... it was about a year or so ago (give or take). Before and after my eldest sister passed away that I would routinely wake up at 3 or 3:15 almost every night. I'm not saying that it was anything 'evil' that caused me to do this... to this day I will swear that it was stress. But it happened and yes, it freaked me out just a bit. I know that there is nothing 'evil' or any spirits in my house besides my husbands grandparents (who died here) so when I feel something shake the bed, feel someone crawl over my legs at night (no, not the kids or the cat... trust me, I've checked) or have had the cat stand up on my legs, arch back and hiss at an empty doorway, I know that it is just grandma and grandpa lurking around.
        • liz
          liz
          offline 0

Sun, September 17, 2006 - 8:40 AM
          hi, I just wanted to share what I have been going through at 3 a.m.
          For the past month I have been waking up at 3 or 3:15 every morning due to knocking/banging/footsteps I thought it was my roommates boyfriend being loud. So last week I got up went and looked in on them snoring, and realized they had nothing to do with it. The next night, slightly freaked out, I had my boyfriend stay over, i awoke to the noise, and woke him up. the moment he responded to me the noise stopped. Though he heard a little coming out of sleep, we checked the time. 3 a.m I feel like someone is trying to get my attention, seeing how no one else int he house has responded at all to it. I was just checking to see WHY 3 am. I am pregnant and PISSED to be woken up at that hour, seeing how I will for the next few years! I have a medium coming over today to try to clear this, I'll let you all know!!

Tue, September 19, 2006 - 8:27 AM
            wow, yes definitely keep us posted!
            • Unsu...

Sun, October 1, 2006 - 9:15 PM
              i used to have this problem at right up 3 am as well. not only was i waking up at 3am, i was being demonically attacked. this went on for weeks. these were very heavy attacks.

i've since learned that these were satanic attacks initiated by rituals. sometimes i could even hear chanting of my name prior to. i've since learned the magnitude of what was being done to me... by someone that i knew btw.

i'd be curious to know if witching hour is the same as a satanic hour.

these attacks were always straight up 3 am, uless i heared chanting for conversation prior to it.

Sun, December 17, 2006 - 3:58 PM
    Hi Ernie, I also have been waking up at 3 AM and thought I might be needing some mental help or something. Today, I found this about the 3 am waking period and it makes better sense than the witching hour theory. once there scroll down to disrupted sleeping patterns and the paragraph above about the 3 AM club..
    Ineresting. Later Ernie, Maria

us.f566.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter

Sun, December 17, 2006 - 4:11 PM
      sorry about that link. go to this website:
      beacons@lightworker.com and browse their site...

this is taken from a section of one of their beacons of light newletters:
      We have spoken before of the 3am club where people begin to awaken at 3am. This is actually the beginning of a normal sleep pattern that you will experience in the future. We call it the triad of sleep, where you will generally sleep for three hours, wake for two and then return to sleep for three more hours. This gives people two hours of wakefulness that they do not know what to do with. These two hours are very special, as you are in an enhanced state of creation during these hours. In fact, you are in an altered dimensional state during these two hours. Now the time lag is gone anyway, but during these two hours, what you hold in your thoughts will become your reality very quickly. During that special time, allow yourself to hold only those thoughts that add to you in some way. You have no control over the thoughts that enter your mind. You do have complete control over which thoughts you allow to stay in your brain. Do not worry about keeping all negative thoughts from your mind. Let them go through, as they are a needed part of your human experience. Just know that they can travel through your mind without attaching, and choose to hold and keep only the thoughts that add to you in some way—and do not judge yourself for having difficult or negative thoughts. Exercise that control during these two hours of creating.

The New 3am Club

Understand that during the rewiring process these times and hours may change a lot as the 3am club becomes the 4:45am club and then back again over the adjustment period of the next fifty years. In the days ahead there will be people waking at all hours trying to understand what is happening and thinking that something is “wrong.” That thought alone can create much difficulty on planet Earth. This is a normal process of human evolution.

If you want to read the entire article email me at mjindra2002@yahoo.com
      later maria

Wed, November 25, 2009 - 12:02 AM
    It is strange for me to be posting in a forum like this. I have never believed in any paranormal activity or any form of religion. I have had trouble with 3am for years now. It all started with some very strange dreams all of which were very religious(and very christian). The first I was in a deserted town with a small church. I entered the church and the door slammed and everything started spinning the cross flipped and the faces in the pictures started changing and moving. This obviously scared the shit out of me and I woke up terrified (it was 3am). I fell back asleep and I started dreaming I was in some sort of ruined temple(it wasn't anything bad though I wasn't scared at all it seemed religiously significant though I don't remember why) I was initially weirded out by these dreams but I have always had vivid dreams so I just ignored them. Over the next year strange things kept happening at 3am. At the printer in my room started just after 3 and printed a page with a small smiley face in the corner. I had another very strange dream within that year that involved a demon in the mirror of my parents bedroom and I couldn't stop it from attacking them.

I have always had strange feeling since I was a kid but being a science oriented person I have always chalked it up to my imagination. After reading all of these replies, my stead fast denial of paranormal is shifting. I remember my dad years ago talking about his mother back in Scotland making money on the side as a "seer" maybe I'm just predisposed to stuff like this, I don't know.

I have since moved away. The strange part about that is that I moved into a university residence built in 1923 that loads of people have died in(a guy two floors above me killed himself while i was staying there) and I slept like a baby. I am in a town house this year and again no problems at all. When i go home for christmas or during the summers my problems start again most nights I wake up at 3am. My parents house is only 10 years old I think.

With this next part I'm reaching, but my dad is a Doctor and became very ill about 2 years ago (probably a year after my strange dreams) because of his connections he has seen every specialist and received every test you can imagine out of professional courtesy. No doctor he has seen can figure out why he is sick. It's assumed some sort of autoimmune but he tests negative. I've gotten to thinking If I'm toying with the idea of paranormal activity, I can toy with the idea of something outside of science making my dad sick. I don't care much about my sleeping pattern or the occasional scare. Where I'm living now I don't generally get bothered but I hate seeing my dad like this. Is there some sort of talisman or salt sprinkling I could try? I wouldn't want it to be obvious to avoid my families ridicule.

sorry for the long post

Sat, March 27, 2010 - 9:14 PM
    This is true. The Exorcism of Emily Rose is true because I also experience talking to a person while he was possessed. The story of Emily is almost similar to what I've experience in the year of Dec. 25,2009. He was possessed by a demon, talking different to our language, and they were 6 demons surronnds the boy and the 7th demon is in the boy's body. After this incident I oftenly wake up at exactly 3AM with no reason. If anyone interested in my story, you must be prepared because there is a great sacrifices if you will know my story.

Wed, May 26, 2010 - 9:11 AM
    I just want to know what is goin on im my grandmas house...i mean i have lived with her for almost two years now and i have always believed there is a spirt, ghost, whatever you would like to call it....now it is harmless...well so far it has been...i think it is more a pratical joker....i was showering on day i was at home by myself, i listen to the radio when i do, and then it was turned all the way down....while i was in the shower so i naturally jerked the curtian open to see who was there....no one...so i said out loud now i was listening to that so turn it back up...and then what do ya know the volume came back up. Then another day i was doin laundry....had the washer goin stepped outside and for not even two seconds to grab the mail come back in and the washer has been stopped. so i turned it back on...then it jus started aggervating me with everything...it turned on the coffee pot, the radio, all the t.v.'s, the dryer, the faucett...finally i jus got so mad i yelled at it to knock its sh*t off then it stopped. And now just this past week i have been waking up and or around 3 a.m and not being able to go back to sleep. Last night it was because my t.v was on...which i left it on but the volume was all the way up...the night before my fan was shut off...and that thing knows i am pregnant and get hott. i just dont know if it is a child or a teen or a very imature adult doing all this any advice would be great!!

Sun, June 27, 2010 - 6:31 PM
    I HAVE HAD AN EXPERIENCE DURING 3 AM IT ONLY HAPPENED ONCE BUT ANYWAYS I WAS ASLEEP AND AS I SLEPT I FOUND MYSELF IN MY ROOM BUT IT WAS BLUE THE TV WAS OFF BUT I GO ASLEEP WITH THE TV ON, ANYWAYS IT WAS AS IF I MY LEGS WERE STUCK TO THE BED BUT I COULD SIT UP THIS FRIGHTEN ME SO BAD BECAUSE IT FELT SO REAL SO I LAID BACK DOWN TO GO BACK TO SLEEP WHEN I CLOSED MY EYES AND TRIED TO AWAKE FOR REAL I WAS STILL IN MY DREAM I DID IT A SECOND TIME STILL I WAS IN THE DREAM THE THIRD TIME I WOKE UP SCARED I CHECKED MY PHONE AND IT WAS 3:04 AM I DIDNT GO TO SLEEP UNTIL 6 AM.THIS IS THE FIRST AND LAST TIME I HAD THIS EXPERIENCE AND EVER SINCE THEN I SEEM TO ALWAYS WAKE AT AROUND 3AM.NOT ONLY THIS BUT ONE NIGHT I WAS GOIN TO BED AND THEN I HEARD A DEEP VOICE SAY "IT'S ME" THIS SCARED ME SO EFFIN BAD THAT IMMEDIATELY MY HAERT STARTED BEATING FAST. I HAVE HAD LOTS OF EXPERIENCES BUT WHEN I TELL MY MOTHER OR BROTHER OR SISTER THEY THINK I GOT A WARPPED MIND BUT I KNOW I DONT.

Sun, June 27, 2010 - 8:52 PM
      Maybe it will all stop if you turn off the caps.

Thu, July 1, 2010 - 12:15 AM
        VERY CUTE

Thu, July 1, 2010 - 12:12 PM
          Passive aggressive, much?

Wed, September 1, 2010 - 2:19 AM
            okay, so for about 7 months now strange things have been happening at the times of 3, 315 or 330 exactly, rarely a minute off and its starting to really freak me out. I constantly wake up for no apparent reason at 3 and i feel like i hear things but im not really sure so i tune it out and go back to sleep ...but when i am awake i have noticed that my laptop always turns on at EXACTLY 3 ...its never off even a minute...and thats a guarantee to happen almost every night that im awake to see it for myself....also, ive had one expereince where my radio actually turned on by itself while i was sleeping to a volume level so high that it startled me out of bed....my radio is usually programmed to a station but it turned on to complete static...another event that happened was my cell phone alarm clock on a few occasions has actually gone off at 3 when i know for a fact i did not set my alarm clock to that time...and usually this will only occur if my fone is plugged into my wall....i have one more incident that actually happened tonight and is the main reason im actually writting this: i couldnt sleep tonite, and as usual my laptop turned on at exactly 3 oclock...i brushed it off becuz im kind of used to this now but then at 3 15...on the dot....i heard a really loud bang from my downstairs...sounded like something fell im not too sure...so at this point im totally freaked out so im watching tv lying in my bed anddd suddendly, my TV turns off! ....so now im sitting in the pitch black trying to find the converter around me and realize its on my night stand so there was no way i could have accidently pressed power....i dont know what the hell this means but im starting to believe that this cant all just be coincidence??? i know that there is probably a scientific explaination to this and that im tired at this time, but i do notice that between 3 and 4 i just have a icky feeling over my whole body and feel like i hear wierd noises and i know thats probably because of how late it is and my mind is just playing tricks on me...but it is now 5:15am that i am writing this and since 4 oclock i have yet to hear or feel anything...so i dont know?

Tue, September 7, 2010 - 8:42 AM
              Me and My Family Have Lived in the House i currently live in for i'd Say about 4 or 5 years.
              Okay,so at First When We Just Moved in this house i was The onlyone in my family getting bad vibes.
              i Pushed it aside at first,thought maybe it was Just because it was a new enviroment.
              But a few months Later i was doing the Dishes and i Looked up And i saw a Teenage Boy standing Too Close behind me,i was Scared,But the energy he gave off was Warm and Sad.When i turned Around he was Gone.
              i told my Mom About this,But of Corse,Who'd belive a 10 year old girl.
              So i Just told mySelf it was Nothing.
              When i was 10-12 i was really Religious.i went to a Christian School.
              And Whenever these 'paranormal' Occurences would happen i'd just Pray to God that it went away And ignored it.
              But i wasn't the most well behaved Child in the world.So i wasn't welcomed in the Christian School.
              So i went to The public School.This is When Everything That Could Go wrong Did. i got into A LOT more Trouble in school.i just didn't care.So i Lost all my faith.i Straight up Didn't believe in God.Untill This Month.I've been Going through Even More paranormal Expierences.And for the last year i'd say,(this is wayyy Before i even Heard of the 3.a.m. Myth,) i haven't been Able to Sleep At night,Untill oh,Probably 5 in the morning?And Untill Then i see Somebody Just Sitting At the Foot of my bed starring at me,Or in the Doorway starring at me.i hear knocking from the Room that nobody is sleeping in,And downstairs.And whenever i'm in the shower,i have my Younger sister Come in the bathroom and Sit on the Toilet due to freaky Sh*t that goes on while i'm in there.Like i'd Hear people saying my name,And i'd come out with bad scratches on my body,that Hurt Like hell.Gahh, i Have no idea what to do.And i even overheard my Mom sayying she's been hearing things.And i overheard my Mom talking about when i was an infant,my mom worked Nightshift,so my father Satyed home and watched my step brother and i.i'd never Stop Crying.And For some reason the Phone would always Ring.Even when it was unplugged.And it would Only Ring Like that in the A.M.s.
              And i Also Remember a time when i was Probably Three Years old,We Lived in a different House.
              i was Home Alone with my step brother who was 10.My Parents had to Go accross the street for a while.it was Around 11.pm. And i was walking down my hallway,And i yelled for my mom,And a man,in a dark room responded.it wasn't my father's voice.he Said my name and i started to scream my ass off.My brother came out of his room and then my parents walked throught the front door to See what was wrong.i Explained to them that there was a man in the bedroom.My father went in there,Turned the Lights on And told me nobody was there. Is All this connected? i'm really confused and pretty scared right now.Somebody respond?Please.

Tue, September 7, 2010 - 10:35 AM
                Okay, so where's the research in all of this?
                • Unsu...

Sun, April 17, 2011 - 5:15 PM
                  Somewhere someone said get a cat. I got a cat that's very special to me, I'm extremely religious and I truly in my heart that this cat was given to me by divine intervention. When I relax on the couch my feet hang over the side and while living in this apt everyday at 2 pm my cat would come attack my feet that hung off the couch

Cats are very powerful, they were pets and also worshiped by Egyptians
                  • This is the maximum depth. Additional responses will not be threaded.

Mon, April 18, 2011 - 6:36 AM
                    The ancient Egyptians also sacrificed animals and humans. Maybe your cat is trying to sacrifice your feet.

Wed, August 24, 2011 - 10:31 PM
                      This post has been going on for 6 years, I am sure that a lot of good information has come from these posts. Let me put this in; as I understand it' The witching hour is between midnight until 6 am. 3 am is the middle time, when the vail is neither too thick or thin. If you use numerology symbols for spirits, then 777 represents God (Jesus) 333 represents the lower level demons (those underneath Satan Lucifer, Calagastia, Dalagasta, etc.) By the way they are separate demons other than Satan. 666 or 999 (some people believe that in the dream time we see thing upside down) represents Satan and his Lieutenants. Now about time zones in the world of spirit, there is no time, it is only on this plane of existence. Even in the Etheric or Spiritual realm the vail is still the same as in this plane.

Mon, April 9, 2012 - 9:54 PM
    When I was young about 5-8 years old I started having frighting dreams that would wake me at 3am. These dreams where always about satanic/demonic things mostly repetitive progressing dreams. At roughly the age of 14 these dreams stopped once I started to use Mary Jane. For year I continued my addiction without remembering my dreams or waking up at 3am. About two weeks ago I finally quit, the dreams have started again. Last night the devil himself fell from heaven into a grave yard screaming back up at the sky "all I want is to go home." Then came to me looked me face to face and told me "you still owe me something." Once again I awoke for the 7th time in a week (yes once a night 7 days straight one week after I quit pot)) at.... 3am. This dream came to me after watching Exorcismus to witch I flinched the whole way through.

What I have not mentioned is that when I was a child I devoted myself to him offering up my life to his will. To this day I continue to be a Devote Anti-Christion. Not to be confused with animal killings or satanic rituals. My believes are simply that the stories are true and that I am some how meant to follow this path and find the truth as to why he was punished and sent to earth. In old religion the arch angel was not sent to a burning world of fire and brimstone but he was trapped on earth with man by a barrier constructed by God.

The reason I am posting is simply to share what has happened to me and my personal opinion. I would love to hear any feed back from people having this same strange event them selves. Perhaps some thing trivial to you could be an answer to some of my questions.

Thank you for your posts
    Sincerely,
    One freaked out dude.

(sorry if this double posts it kicked me out)

Wed, September 5, 2012 - 2:39 AM
      The world cannot give a healthy mind, a wealthy soul or a satisfied spirit. God can. In a world gone mad, we are locked in a life-and-death battle, and we are for life. Believe that you are called to offer that message of life to the world. Believe that accepting the Lord Jesus as your personal saviour is called to be a beacon of life in the midst of death. Believe that Jesus was right: The kingdom of darkness is done, and we are the evidence.

I think you have it wrong dude.

What is keeping you from turning to Christ. Only you know this...

Sat, February 2, 2013 - 7:25 AM
    My posting is very late... I've just joined the site... Stumbled upon this thread in search of things I care not to mention... Yet I want to speak to those who gain fear from waking up at odd hours. Here is my remedy... If you feel fear or some sort of anxiety towards waking up in the middle of the night...

1st. Checkup with your doctors, see if your kidneys are functioning and or don't have some sort of condition and or watch what you ate before hand... I won't explain why. It research and you will find.

2nd and mostly last... If you think something is attacking you spiritually... As soon as you gain consciousness of this artificial realm... Pray!!! Meditate!!! Read your spiritual textbooks... Do anything instead of laying in fear... I assure you that having fear in your heart and dozing back off to sleep is only strengthening whatever it is that's ailing you. Take care... May peace and blessings be with you all.

Tue, February 5, 2013 - 11:51 PM
      I just joined today (inspired by the crazed paranormal activity movies) I never got the interest growing up to ever fiddle with spirits because when I was really young, I can't remember but before school years, I use to wake up very early in the morning scared the ever liveng crap out of me by demonic night terrors around the time the city was most dead. At that time I use to live on the main street in green bay wisconsin where I still live. This city and the surrounding area was known for supernatural happenings from the red river behind out east high (the translated name given by the natives of the area was devil river) and the aggression of some spirits of a tribe rivalling the previous mentioned having a lot of 3 am mishaps on the reservation when going through. Many people have reported having the spirits of natives not only haunt them on the reservation but to also follow them home and haunt there too! I myself have been fortunate to live with my grandparents where. The spirits of my ancestors protect the family they gave birth to. A lot of family believe we all are crazy that live here but me and my grandma here things like hammering on the walls. We know its her dad who built the house with my grandpa who is still alive so that one is clear. She usually wakes up at 3 am due to it. Me on the other hand I don't fall asleep till 3 am and I'm prone to heari g walking when everyones sleeping or hammering. Since I know my family history of what is what and who is who I can sort out the coincidental stuff and the straight up facts. For those who read, I normally very OCD about spelling but on my phone this is glichy and hard to go with the glitches.

Wed, March 6, 2013 - 1:23 PM
        I think heaven and hell have become crowded, so they are sending people back. I think it's dust to dust when one dies and it's our imagination that makes us see things. It's religious hoolah hoop that we imagine in certain way. Small children aren't scared unless they are made to be scared by stories they hear or read. We feed the imagination and that's when we all have common images that we see. Enjoy these out of body experiences. I have had some too and difficult to explain but that be it I must have been to tired or some other logical explanation.