Advertisement

Haunted America: Dudleyville, CT.

topic posted Mon, October 31, 2005 - 10:43 AM by  Eric
Share/Save/Bookmark
Said to be one of the most haunted spots in this country, if not the single most startlingly haunted place nationwide, it has inspired visitations by both the living and, perhaps, the dead for years.

www.leftfield-psi.net/ghosts/...a_c.html

Located in Litchfield County in northwestern Connecticut, it was established in the 18th century by William Dudley's family, but quickly deserted, following an inexplicable series of suicides, accidental deaths, and related maladies.

www.totallybad.com/viewpost_386652.asp

While currently on private land, it still intrigues the curious and the thrill-seeking.

www.psychosylum.net/content-15.html

What, though, is the truth behind Dudleyville? Has anyone in here actually traveled up Dark Entry Road (I'm not making that up) to see this 'dead zone' wherein birds and animals supposedly won't venture? I'm told the whole place has a decided "Blair Witch" flavor, but that could just be folklore.

posted by:
Eric
Texas
Advertisement
  • Re: Haunted America: Dudleyville, CT.

Mon, October 31, 2005 - 3:30 PM
    I know of many that have been there, hiking in the back-way. They report, after camping overnight, nothing out-of-the ordinary. It's just a ghost town.

Not to mention that one of the descendents has discounted the legend.

www.legendofdudleytown.com

It's a place only of interest to archeologists, which may happen soon. The only real danger, is the hike in, which could result in broken bones, jail, or both.

On the other hand, if you want something that's more factually documented, I recomend looking into Black River Falls, Wisconsin.

Sun, August 6, 2006 - 5:04 PM
      Hey thanks for posting that link, it's some good actual info. I think the "Dark Entry Forrest Association" being so secretive might make the place that much more appealing.

Here's a link with some stories from people who have visited Dudleyville, and I'm not sure any of them make me positive that anything is really there.

www.spookyfiles.com/USA,-Con...leyville/

I used to live deep in the woods of eastern Connecticut, and if you aren't used to them the woods can get really dark and scary in a hurry. It's quite easy to become disoriented and spooked. You are hiking and get turned around, then think you recognize a tree hill or bend in a path, and then you realize you don't, and you have no idea where you are, and what the heck just moved over there?!?

I would need to read about accounts from people who hike a lot in New England say that Dudleyville is much spookier than your average woods before I believed.

Mon, January 1, 2007 - 9:27 AM
        Actually, I live in CT. Both my friends and I hike a lot, mostly in the creepy Northern CT wooded areas.

Now, I have not been INSIDE Dudleyville, but 3/4 years ago, I did hike with my friends though some of the wooded area that you need to get though to reach Dudleyville. Those woods are not like the other dense CT woods. They have a different feel to them, like you know something happened there. It is extremely creepy, so much so that two of my friends (there were 7 of us) and I had to turn back to the car. After an hour, the rest of our group came running back to the car as well. They said they got a bit father then where we left them. But, two of them had gotten a sick feeling and another said he might have seen a few black figures moving around, but he wasn't sure, (He most likely did not see moving figures.)

Seriously, though, what people say about even approaching Dudleyville is completely true. I had never even heard of Dudeyville until we went hiking, but when we were getting close to it, our car started acting up and I felt this weird presence. It's very scary, but thrilling. Even in the daytime, it can scare ya.

I was really sad to hear that they've put Trespassing signs up. That really sucks, everyone should be able to hike there. Some kid probably lit off fireworks or something.

But, I agree with you, Larry. Now that DEFA owns the land, there are more visitors. I think that DEFA is over reacting by cutting off hiking, that's is just stupid. If you're scared hikers are going to go INTO Dudleyville, put up cameras. Besides, from what I've heard, the areas around Dudleyville are much scarier than the town itself.

Recent topics in "Paranormal Research"